Swim for Life is in the early stages of development and would greatly benefit from the contribution of your talents in many areas, including water safety and experiences learning to swim, program management, web and print design, fundraising, communications, public relations, and more. We are fortunate to have four volunteers in the second year of our program. Indeed, we can see the impact of their efforts in many of the areas mentioned. Let us know if you are interested in finding out more about our volunteer opportunities!
If you are a seasoned fundraiser and would like to see your skills save lives in Vietnam, join our team as a fundraising strategist. You will work closely with staff and volunteers to develop strategies and plans, set goals, monitor activities, and report and evaluate progress. Some of the activities will include:
• Assisting staff in developing and implementing the overall fundraising strategy and plan.
• Preparing and implementing plans for cultivating donors and soliciting funds.
• Creating and implementing a tracking/monitoring system; regularly updating account information and preparing ongoing evaluations.
• In conjunction with volunteers, preparing and implementing campaign plans and strategies in accordance with the campaign objectives, plan, and schedule.
• Conducting or reviewing research on prospective donors, foundations, and employer campaigns; developing and recommending approach strategies, including setting and/or reaching goals.
Social Media Manager
If you are a social media professional or just an avid user with a passion for using this medium to promote awareness and expand reach, we want to hear from you. We are looking for someone to evaluate out current social media presence and create a strategic plan for our team. We are also looking for training on what's new in social media as well as how best to use social media for awareness, friend-, and fundraising. Activities could include:
• Evaluating our current social media presence.
• Creating a strategy and tactics for expanding reach, improving active followers, and linking to fundraising efforts.
• Training our team on the latest and greatest social media advancements and how to best use our current accounts.
Marketing and Communications Manager
In coordination with our in-country team as well as other volunteers, we are looking for a communications professional to help create our communications strategy and plan. We have an unacceptable current reality in which more and more people lose their lives in the water every day. With your help, we can reduce drowning incidents and create much-needed awareness both in the United states and in Vietnam. Areas of focus include:
• Developing a combined strategy for key messaging through web, print, TV, and radio as well as in-person presentations.
• Reviewing our current online and print marketing and educational materials.
• Assisting with in-kind donations of high-quality video to raise awareness in Vietnam through TV.
• Assisting the in-country team to produce local radio spots.
Swim Curriculum Manager
In our first year, we partnered with an international nonprofit to use a consistent survival swimming curriculum based on the Australian AUSTSWIM model. We are looking for individuals with training and certification in water safety education (American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor or international equivalent) and experience creating a learn-to-swim curriculum. Areas of focus include:
• Reviewing and evaluating the current survival swimming curriculum and preparing a report of potential changes.
• Assisting in the creation of a level 1 curriculum for school-age children who have completed the survival swimming course.
• Giving advice on current teaching aides used for survival swimming instruction and advising on additional devices needed for a level 1 course.